Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thanksgiving Headdresses

Headdresses made by students

I remember as a child in first grade making Thanksgiving headdresses.  I made a few versions. I have made two types of turkeys with different feathers, a pilgrim hat, and an Indian headdress.

Here is the .Studio file. I used cardstock.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7oGIyVDbRGYWF9tVF8wV1FOTlU/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-S-W2gu5Ht4mZLuPTy3UqtA

Here is the .PDF file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7oGIyVDbRGYYlpiSF9JLVpJYkU/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-RbP9lAEnzcihjD3j6Z3Y9g

Slide buckle through the smaller band and attach to the larger band

I used a glue stick to glue the buckle on.  Bend the paper a little to conform
to the curvature of your head.

I used a glue stick to glue all of the parts.  It makes the paper
pliable so that you can bend it a little.

The little turkey on the Happy Thanksgiving headband is 3D. 
The head protrudes a little. There are perforations to where it bends. The different colors were made by cutting different feathers and interchanging the parts.

I added feathers to the Indian headdress.
 
 I used the decorations as a Thanksgiving window dressing at school.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment