Monday, September 30, 2013

Dreaming of Santorini...A Windmill House

Santorini is a beautiful Greek island with white-washed houses with blue roofs. My husband and I went there a few years ago.  I would love to return.  In the meantime, I decided to recreate my memories by designing a windmill.  This is my version without the wooden crossbeams because it would require more engineering that I am willing to do on this project.  I would have to worry about the weight of the wooden crossbeams and how to attach it...so not today.


Here is the .Studio file for the Santorini windmill. I used cardstock to create the model. Bend the paper model into a cylinder before gluing. Fold up the circle tabs on the bottom and glue to the windmill forming a cylinder. Glue the side. Fold down the circle tabs at the top and glue to the windmill. Bend the cone into its shape before gluing. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7oGIyVDbRGYX2stTlY3TDRnR0E/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-YuNfZ4T7NDU_aSqPPXyyWA

Here is a picture with my previously designed house so that you can see the windmill in reference to size.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment